Sunday, April 18, 2010

government positions...

So is it a global pre-requisite that people working in government public service positions be gifted at giving the stink eye? I had to travel to Nairobi on Friday to renew my visa for another 3 months and had the pleasure to interact with the shiny people at the immigration office. First of all I asked where I needed to go and the woman looked at me as though I committed a sin asking her to help me. She waved her hand and told me I had to go to another side of the building "somewhere". This treatment continued throughout the process. Each counter had a person 'working' and about three or four other people laughing, reading the paper and otherwise wasting time and not really addressing my needs or making me feel welcome. I laugh because I am reminded about the way I often feel when going to get my driver's license renewed or vote absent tee. I guess it's nice to know that we aren't so different after all. I just figured (hoped?)our similarities were nicer...

Anyway, folks I may have lost my camera.:( It's a shame too because I had a picture of a really huge tree I saw when out doing home health visits. Keep your fingers crossed I relocate it. In the meantime I'll try to be as descriptive with my words...

No comments:

Post a Comment